cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Paveza <Rob.Pav...@microsoft.com>
Subject [Discuss] Windows: Removal of Windows 8 from VS 2013 solution (keep it in the VS 2012 solution)?
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2015 21:57:19 GMT
I've been tackling a couple quality-of-life improvements and I've been thinking about this
issue.  In VS 2012 and 2013, Windows 8 is supported, but in VS 2015, it isn't (you can use
VS 2015 to target Windows 8.1 and 10).

We have the following projects in our solutions:
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
- Windows Phone 8.1
- Windows 10
- Shared (shared among Windows 8.1, Phone 8.1, and 10).

The VS 2012 solution *only* contains the Windows 8 project.  All of the projects are in the
2013 solution.

So the experience is, when you open the 2013 solution in VS 2015, you get:
- The Windows 8 project, which is unsupported, doesn't load
- You get a nag to upgrade your 8 project to 8.1

I want to remove the Windows 8 project from the 2013 solution only, so if you want to work
on the Windows 8 project, you would load the VS 2012 solution into either VS 2012 or 2013.

Thoughts?