cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Barham <Tim.Bar...@microsoft.com>
Subject Should files in cordova-lib/templates have license headers?
Date Mon, 08 Jun 2015 18:21:50 GMT
Currently these files are flagged by RAT. We should either add license headers or exclude them
(from RAT) to clean up the noise. They're small pieces of template code used by plugman. The
Apache rules for whether a file needs to have a license header [1] specifies:

> What files in an Apache release do not require a license header?
> A file without any degree of creativity in either its literal elements or
> its structure is not protected by copyright law; therefore, such a file
> does not require a license header. If in doubt about the extent of the
> file's creativity, add the license header to the file.

I don't think it could be argued that these files have *no* creativity what-so-ever, so perhaps
we should add license headers?

[1] http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html

Tim