cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Toplak Daniel <D.Top...@cadenas.de>
Subject AW: cordova-osx - mothball
Date Fri, 12 Jun 2015 08:07:04 GMT
Yes I don't understand it wrong :-)
And my effort into the project is very low at the moment.
We will look forward into cordova-electron.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

CADENAS GmbH
Head of Mobile Development
Daniel Toplak

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Shazron [mailto:shazron@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Freitag, 12. Juni 2015 09:55
An: dev@cordova.apache.org
Betreff: Re: cordova-osx - mothball

Not to diminish your work, but Atom Electron [1] (also based on Chromium) is more aligned
with Cordova as it includes node.js support built in (thus you can use node modules which
is a big plus), and already runs on OS X, Windows and Linux. It has also in use by a lot of
companies, thus there is a higher probability of ongoing maintenance:
http://electron.atom.io/#built-on-electron

In any case, whether through CEF or Atom Electron, to create native plugins you will still
need to bridge the code using C/C++ (unavoidable), the difference would be for Atom Electron
you would structure your code as a node native module, which gives the advantage that it can
be used not just as a Cordova plugin, but as a regular node module outside of Cordova.

[1] http://electron.atom.io