cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Axel Nennker <>
Subject plugins <framework > on Android
Date Mon, 01 Jun 2015 18:40:56 GMT

the documentation here

says that some tasks needed by <framework ...> are not done by plugman.

<framework src="extras/android/support/v7/appcompat" custom="false">

But it seems quite easy to do this by calling this command e.g. for Google
Play Services:
$ android update project --path . --library
--target android-21

Cordova has all the information that is needed, right?!
Or doesn't this work in all cases?

My latest custom plugin can not be added to my project because plugman's
android.js calls the property-parser which tries to determine the
androidSdkDir which fails because it tries to open which
was not created (by cordova).
Why doesn't plugman try ANDROID_HOME (too)?

I think that using "android update project ..." would always work instead
of plugman editing project file directly.

ps: There are several unanswered
stackoverflow questions regarding Google Play Services and Cordova