cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Santana <csantan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [iOS 8] WKWebView moving forward
Date Sat, 13 Jun 2015 04:37:46 GMT
I don't see moving the files to document out from bundle to documents on
first lunch as terrible thing. It can be implemented in the mean while.
In our downstream district of cordova this is how we handle dynamic app
update from server since bundle is read only.
But agree best solution is for wkwebview have proper fix.

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 12:09 PM Kerri Shotts <kerrishotts@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yeah, I was just about to say that I was pretty sure that sym/hard links
> was going to error.
>
> But that tweet looks promising! I hope that means the fix makes it in time
> for Beta 2 so we can play with it. :-)
>

> On June 11, 2015 at 1:55:58 PM, Shazron (shazron@gmail.com) wrote:
>
> I've already tried both sym and hard links. They result in errors, which is
> to be expected (if not there's some 'splaining to do) :P
>
> GOOD news though today! They are fixing the app bundle loadFileURL bug:
> https://twitter.com/grorgwork/status/609052546179530752
>
> Apparently you can also UI test in WKWebView:
> https://twitter.com/joemasilotti/status/609000047930429440
>
> On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 11:26 AM, Andrew Grieve <agrieve@chromium.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Could maybe try creating symlinks / hardlinks to save on space / creation
> > time?
> >
> > On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 12:00 PM, Shazron <shazron@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Safari View Controller video:
> > > https://developer.apple.com/videos/wwdc/2015/?id=504
> > >
> > > What's New in Web Development in WebKit and Safari video:
> > > https://developer.apple.com/videos/wwdc/2015/?id=501

> https://developer.apple.com/library/prerelease/ios/documentation/FileManagement/Conceptual/On_Demand_Resources_Guide/Chapters/IntroToODR.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40015083-CH2-SW1

> > have a
> example,