cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Shazron <shaz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: cordova-osx - mothball
Date Fri, 12 Jun 2015 07:54:53 GMT
Not to diminish your work, but Atom Electron [1] (also based on Chromium)
is more aligned with Cordova as it includes node.js support built in (thus
you can use node modules which is a big plus), and already runs on OS X,
Windows and Linux. It has also in use by a lot of companies, thus there is
a higher probability of ongoing maintenance:
http://electron.atom.io/#built-on-electron

In any case, whether through CEF or Atom Electron, to create native plugins
you will still need to bridge the code using C/C++ (unavoidable), the
difference would be for Atom Electron you would structure your code as a
node native module, which gives the advantage that it can be used not just
as a Cordova plugin, but as a regular node module outside of Cordova.

[1] http://electron.atom.io