cordova-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Dmitry Blotsky <dblot...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: [CI] Builds failing due to cordova lib version bump
Date Fri, 05 Jun 2015 17:43:10 GMT
Fixed and deployed to CI server. Builds are now back to their former green glory.

Having said that, should we set up a nightly job to check our released code? That is, have
a build that gets *nothing* from master - everything only from NPM - and see that tests and
builds still pass on it. Thoughts?

Kindly,
Dmitry

-----Original Message-----
From: Dmitry Blotsky [mailto:dblotsky@microsoft.com] 
Sent: Thursday, June 4, 2015 2:02 PM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: RE: [CI] Builds failing due to cordova lib version bump

On it.

Kindly,
Dmitry

-----Original Message-----
From: Steven Gill [mailto:stevengill97@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 4, 2015 1:42 PM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: Re: [CI] Builds failing due to cordova lib version bump

Problem with that is that npm install would fail when it runs `pushd cordova-cli; npm install;
popd` because cordova-lib@5.1.1 doesn't exist on npm. I believe a way around this is to do
something like

pushd cordova-js; npm install; npm link; popd; pushd cordova-lib/cordova-lib; npm link cordova-js;
npm install; npm link; popd; pushd cordova-cli; npm link cordova-lib; npm install; npm link
popd; pushd cordova-plugman; npm link cordova-lib; npm install; npm link popd;

Is this possible and a easy fix?

On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 1:03 PM, Dmitry Blotsky <dblotsky@microsoft.com>
wrote:

> Sorry, the mail client lost the formatting. Here it is again:
>
> pushd cordova-lib/cordova-lib; npm install; popd; pushd cordova-cli; 
> npm install; popd; pushd cordova-plugman; npm install; popd; pushd 
> cordova-js; npm install; popd; coho npm-link;
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Dmitry Blotsky [mailto:dblotsky@microsoft.com]
> Sent: Thursday, June 4, 2015 1:02 PM
> To: dev@cordova.apache.org
> Subject: RE: [CI] Builds failing due to cordova lib version bump
>
> Hmm, I think the CI is doing it wrong then. It should be using the 
> master version of the code, not what's on NPM. The installation steps are:
>
> pushd cordova-lib/cordova-lib; npm install; popd pushd cordova-cli; 
> npm install; popd pushd cordova-plugman; npm install; popd pushd 
> cordova-js; npm install; popd coho npm-link
>
> Should there be some "npm link"s in there to use the cloned code 
> instead of NPM?
>
> Kindly,
> Dmitry
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Steven Gill [mailto:stevengill97@gmail.com]
> Sent: Thursday, June 4, 2015 12:57 PM
> To: dev@cordova.apache.org
> Subject: Re: [CI] Builds failing due to cordova lib version bump
>
> Sorry, I didn't publish 5.1.1 for cordova-lib and cli to npm under RC 
> tag yet. (or plugman 0.23.3). If we needed to change something before 
> we vote, I would have to bump all of the versions again to republish 
> (just had to do that and remove 5.1.0 from npm).
>
> I can go ahead and publish them under RC, or we can wait until the 
> vote is done to publish under latest.
>
> On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 12:43 PM, Dmitry Blotsky 
> <dblotsky@microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hey folks,
> >
> > The recent cordova lib version bump broke our dependencies:
> > http://ci.apache.org/builders/cordova-windows-store8.0/builds/109/st
> > ep s/npm-installing-cordova-cli/logs/stdio
> >
> > Kindly,
> > Dmitry
> >
>
Mime
View raw message