cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Nikhil Khandelwal <nikhi...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Cordova-windows 4.0.0 release
Date Thu, 04 Jun 2015 22:31:51 GMT
I have a blog post up here for review: https://github.com/cordova/apache-blog-posts/pull/40

Thanks,
Nikhil

-----Original Message-----
From: Nikhil Khandelwal [mailto:nikhilkh@microsoft.com]
Sent: Friday, May 22, 2015 10:55 AM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: [DISCUSS] Cordova-windows 4.0.0 release

Does anyone have reason to delay this release? This is the first release with Windows 10 support
and has a breaking change that requires an accompanying tools release. Hence, I propose we
version it 4.0.0

Here are the next steps:

-          Prepare blog for the release include details of support of Windows 10.

-          Do an accompany DOCS & TOOLS release.

I have created a JIRA issue for this: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-9064

I have made updates to the RELEASENOTES.md:
[4.0.0-dev]
* Updating appx manifest to a large extent now happens in the `prepare` step as opposed to
the `build` step. This change implies that cordova-windows 4.0.0 can only work with with cordova
CLI > 5.0
* CB-8486 Support for creating signed package and build.json for Windows
* Add preview support for Windows 10 Universal Apps. To target Windows 10, add `<preference
name="windows-target-version" value="10.0" />` to config.xml.
* The default windows target version is now 8.1.
* Support for `--appx` command line argument to override the windows target version
* CB-8946: Added the `WindowsToastCapable` preference to indicate that the app can support
toasts.  This is to support the Local Notifications plugin.
* CB-8856 Fix 'Id' attribute is invalid when creating Windows Store submission build
* CB-8307: Adding a 25-year expiration temporary certificate.
* CB-8760 platform list doesn't show version for windows platform.

**Known Issues with 4.0.0-dev and Windows 10**
* Windows 10 Technical Preview 2 does not have a command-line compatible emulator deployment
scenario.  To deploy to an emulator, open your solution file in Visual Studio.
* The Windows SDK included with Visual Studio 2015 RC does not include a tool to deploy to
a Windows 10 Phone.  To deploy to a phone, open your solution file in Visual Studio.
* WinJS is included inline in the package.  In the future, it will be migrated to an NPM dependency,
and the dependency will not include any UI-related files.  You should not take a dependency
on WinJS UI functionality unless you include it yourself (see [WinJS on Github](http://github.com/winjs/winjs)).

Thanks,
Nikhil