cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Nikhil Khandelwal <nikhi...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Tools release
Date Thu, 25 Jun 2015 16:22:32 GMT
I agree with the bug fix. Overall, it’s a good change forward. The urgency of the tools release
was caused by the whitelist plugin's release and we should address the issue in the whitelist
plugin.

Thanks,
Nikhil

-----Original Message-----
From: Steven Gill [mailto:stevengill97@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 24, 2015 8:09 PM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Tools release

I agree with Shaz about the engine fix. As we move on, more and more plugins could start requiring
a minimum version of a certain platform. It is a bug in cordova lib to throw an error when
a requirement isn't met.
Instead a warning about skipping that plugin should be expected behavior.

Until the tools release is out, I could set the latest tag on the whitelist plugin to the
previous release so new users don't have to deal with the bug without having an option to
update their tools.