cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitry Blotsky <dblot...@microsoft.com>
Subject [CI] Weekly Update
Date Fri, 19 Jun 2015 21:27:29 GMT
Hi all,

CI has been doing pretty well this week. Some notable things are:
- We’re hitting scaling issues (a buffer of 70+ pending builds happened a few times this
week)
- We’re still waiting on INFRA-9811 and INFRA-9678 for PR-triggered builds

Next uses for the CI that are impeded by the scaling issues:
- Static analysis (FB Infer)
- Automated releases
- Documentation generation
- Testing on more emulators, platforms, and devices
- FirefoxOS, BlackBerry, and WebOS (seeing a lot of love recently)
- Moving our platform and tools CI from Travis and AppVeyor to Buildbot, so all our builds
are on Apache infrastructure

Thoughts on improving scalability:
- Builds can be greatly sped up if we can alleviate the path-length limit issue that prevents
us from packaging up a Cordova build
- Does anyone know of a tool that can zip up too-long paths?
- Does anyone know if we can reduce our path lengths?
- Does anyone know where we can store a buffer of builds? Cordova-vm is an option (~30GB of
space).
- We can run more builds in parallel if folks connect more slaves to the CI (instructions
here: https://github.com/apache/cordova-medic/blob/master/SLAVES.md)
- We can split the build process into levels (e.g. smoke, regression, end-to-end) and run
them on different occasions

Bug status:
~1 on Android OSX
~2 on Android Windows