cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Kerri Shotts <kerrisho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: "Best" place to browse plugins
Date Wed, 27 May 2015 14:42:03 GMT
+1

I’ve used both Gulp & Yeoman’s search, and prefer both to NPM (although it’s not
difficult to be better than NPM’s search).

I also think close association with the brand and site are important. For those users who
don’t know about Node & NPM yet, it’s quickly apparent that there’s a large community
creating plugins for Cordova, and for everyone else, we have a URL that helps reinforce the
Cordova name. NPM would still be canonical, of course.

(Now if NPM improved their search and did some nice work around ecosystems, perhaps the above
wouldn’t be necessary. But I’m not going to hold my breath…)

+1