cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Vladimir Kotikov (Akvelon)" <v-vlk...@microsoft.com>
Subject Breaking changes in cordova-windows@>3.8.2
Date Fri, 15 May 2015 16:59:19 GMT
Hi List,

I just want to let you know that we have pending PRs that will introduce braking changes in
cordova-windows.

These changes will move project update logic call from project build step to cordova-lib prepare
step. The reason why we need this is that currently project update is triggered directly by
build script (after 'after_prepare' hook being fired) and this makes plugin hooks and other
tools working incorrectly (changes, made by hooks is being overwritten by this prepare logic).

To be more precise, the following cases could be broken:
1. CLI > 5.0 (next version), Windows <= 3.8.2 (current or older) - the 'prepare' will
be called twice (from lib and from platform's build) - unwanted, since changes that could
be made by 'after_prepare' & 'before_compile' hooks will be overwritten by second 'prepare'
call - but this is how it works now.
2. CLI <= 5.0 (current or older), Windows > 3.8.2 (next version) - 'prepare' will never
be called, the platform code will never be updated - the worst case, the build probably will
be broken.

Some links:
JIRA issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-9025
cordova-lib: https://github.com/apache/cordova-lib/pull/217
cordova-windows: https://github.com/apache/cordova-windows/pull/77

We're going to merge this soon, so if anyone has a strong opinion against these changes, please
let us know.

Best regards, Vladimir