cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitry Blotsky <dblot...@microsoft.com>
Subject Re: [CI] Medic Report
Date Fri, 22 May 2015 22:57:24 GMT
Hey Jesse,

Yes, we can definitely have Medic run with different configurations. We have a full test matrix
that we can set up. Currently the biggest problem is: there is a “clone and build” step
that takes about 5 minutes of the time of every build, and running it for every configuration
does not scale. Ideally, this step needs to only happen once per host OS (i.e. Windows and
OSX), and then the respective test runs should happen. This paradigm is blocked because we’ve
been unable to deal with copying/zipping/transmitting the overly long paths in the builds.
I’m at a loss on how to unblock on this. Do you have any ideas?

Running builds on PRs will happen as soon as INFRA-9678 and INFRA-9683 get resolved (should
be next week). However, this will still lack the convenience of the nice checkmarks on GitHub
(i.e. the integration is still only one-way). We’ll do that once the PRs are triggering
the builds.

Since we use “cordova run” to run the tests now, we support running on devices. This is
a good time to plan out adding your slaves to the CI so we can use your devices.

Kindly,
Dmitry