cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Brooks <mich...@michaelbrooks.ca>
Subject Re: "Best" place to browse plugins
Date Fri, 01 May 2015 22:34:28 GMT

> The mirroring may not help for search, but my worry is that a lot of folks
> would still be on 4.3.0 and when cordova plugins registry becomes read
> only, they would not get bug fixes and other plugin updates.

My experience is this:

- A developer who is willing to upgrade a platform is also willing to
upgrading a plugin.
- A developer who is *not* willing to upgrade a platform is also *not*
willing in upgrading a plugin.

I think it's reasonable to offer a read-only state for the legacy plugin
registry. However, it would be helpful for the registry to explain the
minimum Cordova version required to support the npm registry.

Michael