cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Karen Tran <ktop...@gmail.com>
Subject [Proposal - New Feature] Add tag to config.xml to handle images
Date Fri, 01 May 2015 15:39:09 GMT
Hi dev-list,

I wanted to get your input on a feature I want to add to the config.xml.

Currently there are only the icon tag and splash tag that allows the user
to specify the icon and splash image in the config.xml respectively.

I want to be able to specify multiple images that will be used in my app
such as customized buttons. The problem is that the icon tag will rename
the image specified to icon.png, so ultimately the user would only be able
to change the main icon. And the splash tag of course handles the splash
image, so I don't want that.

I propose making a new tag that handles general images. It'll be similar to
the icon tag, except it won't rename the image. It will copy the image from
the src, and drop it into the correct drawable-density directory (I am
working in android).

I know I can just drop the images myself into the drawable folders, but I
have to assume that my users won't know the android project structure and
will only modify the config.xml.

Any thoughts, comments, or critiques would be appreciated.

Regards,
Karen Tran