cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Karen Tran <ktop...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal - New Feature] Add tag to config.xml to handle images
Date Fri, 01 May 2015 18:13:45 GMT
I am looking for a way to be able to specify an image in the config.xml and
have it be placed in the drawable directory. Under my circumstances, I have
to assume that when the user creates a cordova project, he/she only knows
how to modify the config.xml, so that's why I'm pushing for a way to do it
this way.

I do have a hackish way of doing it by using the preferences tag and
getting the path to the image, and then having a script copy it over, but I
know the better way to do it would be to just make a tag to take care of
images that are not going to be the main icon or splash image and have
cordova-cli handle it for me when I call cordova prepare.

This isn't really for a plugin, though maybe an app template, but I just
wanted to add this functionality to be able to specify non-icon and
non-splash images through the config.xml.

I've found where in cordova-lib that the parsing happens for the icon and
splash tags, so I was proposing to add a new tag for "general images". The
images could be anything that a user might want in his or her app. An
example would be a customized button. The user can specify the path to the
image file, and then the image will be dropped into the drawable directory.