cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Gill <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] cordova-serve
Date Thu, 28 May 2015 22:58:48 GMT
I'm always in favor of not duplicating code.

As long as we don't break functionality, I say move forward.

In terms of setting it up, this might be a good time for us to try out our
original plan with cordova-lib, which was for that one repo to host
multiple modules. Our original intention to do this was so we didn't keep
getting more and more repos.

cordova-lib has a sub-directory right now named cordova-lib where the
cordova-lib npm module lives. We could add new sub-directory named
cordova-serve with its own package.json

Directory structure could look like:
|------cordova-lib files
|------cordova-serve files

Both modules would have to share the same appvoyer and travis files. This
could be annoying.

We have seen a issue where npm can't install subdirectories from git. This might be a good reason not to
have multiple npm modules in one repo. It would only affect use cases where
you are grabbing the modules from git instead of npm.

request a new repo from infra for cordova-serve.

Since the module will live at Apache, we would have to vote on it like we
do with all of our other releases.

On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 9:00 AM, Tim Barham <>