cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Gill <>
Subject Re: Out of date plugins on Cordova registry
Date Wed, 27 May 2015 00:28:59 GMT
Actually, latest CLI will only give warning to use new ID, not
autoredirect. In a future CLI release we will get it to autoredirect.

One of the main reasons why the pluginIDs got a major bump was because of
the ID change from `org.apache.cordova.*` to `cordova-plugin-*`. Most of
the plugins haven't had changes other than the ID.

If you or someone on this list wants to backport changes to the older
versions and publish to, feel free. Every core plugin
has a old-ID branch which doesn't have the ID changes. I'm not interested
in doing that myself. I'd rather see people upgrade to Cordova-cli 5.0.0+

Alternatively, you can install the updated plugins via github for older CLI

cordova plugin add