cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Raymond Camden <raymondcam...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Behavior of --copy-from
Date Tue, 19 May 2015 11:07:13 GMT
No, what seems to happen to me is:

If I copy-from a directory that has a www folder in it, then it is
treated as the *root* of the new project and a proper Cordova folder
is not created.

If I copy-from a dir that does NOT have a www folder in it, it is
treated as the www folder of a new project.

Nope, I lie. Ok, so this is weirder than I imagined.

I made a new folder called "testwithwww". It has a file called
something.txt and a folder called www with an index.html.

I sourced a new project with it. My www folder copied fine, but
something.txt was completely ignored. It did, however, make a proper
Cordova project.

So this is a bit different from what I saw earlier where my first test
created something that wasn't a project, but it definitely failed to
copy a file over.

On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 2:18 AM, Dmitry Blotsky <dblotsky@microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi Raymond,
>
> The semantics of “--copy-from” are: copy the passed path in place of the new project's
“www” directory, which “cordova create” seems to obey. Is that not what happened in
your case? However, the failure to copy over paths that start with “.” looks like a bug
to me. Unless someone says otherwise, feel totally free file a bug in JIRA.