cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Nikhil Khandelwal <nikhi...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Cordova-js update
Date Fri, 22 May 2015 00:19:07 GMT
I'm new to this area. Steve: Can you provide some background on the motivation for this change?
In particular, what is the advantage of this workflow, over the existing one:

I have also made some changes to cordova-lib which will copy the contents of cordova-js-src
into platform_www when a project gets created. If a user decided to do cordova prepare --browserify,
it will use the platform specific js files included in their app to build their cordova.js.
[3] [4]

I think you need to update createmobilespec as it uses the grunt task to generate the latest
cordova.js for creating an app that is used by the Apache CI (http://ci.cordova.io). Now the
latest cordova.js is not being generated and we are likely missing some test coverage as we
make changes to cordova.js.

Thanks,
Nikhil

-----Original Message-----
From: Steven Gill [mailto:stevengill97@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, May 18, 2015 2:18 AM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: Cordova-js update

I have a pull request [1] ready for cordova-js which adds platforms as dev dependencies and
uses the previously moved cordova-js-src from the platform repos instead of src/platform.
I moved existing platform specific js into cordovajs/src/legacy-exec to use in cases where
released platforms don't have a cordova-js-src directory. [2]

I have updated both normal build and browserify build to use cordova-js-src if present when
building cordova.js.

I have also made some changes to cordova-lib which will copy the contents of cordova-js-src
into platform_www when a project gets created. If a user decided to do cordova prepare --browserify,
it will use the platform specific js files included in their app to build their cordova.js.
[3] [4]

I will need to make sure each platform has their most up to date platform specific js files
in cordova-platform/cordova-js-src. After these PRs get merged, platform maintainers should
only worry about updating these files instead of what exists in cordovajs/src/legacy-exec.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

[1] https://github.com/apache/cordova-js/pull/112
[3] https://github.com/apache/cordova-lib/pull/221