cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Nikhil Khandelwal <nikhi...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Dropping the -dev suffix
Date Thu, 14 May 2015 17:35:59 GMT
Now that we know how to fix the plugin to work with 'dev' versions of platforms, we could keep
the 'dev' suffix. It's somewhat useful for anyone using our 'master' branch (I'm hoping its
mostly the dev team) and adding the platform and have the dev prefix listed here:

λ cordova platform ls
Installed platforms: android 4.1.0-dev, ios 3.8.0, windows 4.0.0-dev, wp8
Available platforms: amazon-fireos, blackberry10, browser, firefoxos, windows8

Thanks,
Nikhil

-----Original Message-----
From: Jesse [mailto:purplecabbage@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 4:39 PM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Dropping the -dev suffix

So back to the initial discussion, should we keep our -dev suffixes?
If so we need to be sure to use engine tags like '>=4.0' or if you specifically want to
force a specific min patch, and still allow the dev suffix, you can do '>=4.0.0--'

And of course this should be documented.

@purplecabbage
risingj.com