cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse <purplecabb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cordova 5.0.0 "duplicate cordova" check breaks Ripple
Date Fri, 01 May 2015 16:28:32 GMT
I think ripple will need to change, I'll have a look and see if there is a more elegant way
to implement honeypot.

> On Apr 30, 2015, at 7:06 PM, Tim Barham <Tim.Barham@microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> ​Hey everyone - a bug was filed today against Ripple that it is broken with Cordova
5.0.0. The issue is that Ripple triggers the new "duplicate cordova" check:

> Â Â Â  cordova-js/src/cordova.js line 22:
> Â Â Â  if ("cordova" in window) { throw new Error("cordova already defined"); };
>
> Ripple patches cordova by defining a setter for window.cordova to intercept it being
created. This is sufficient to make ("cordova" in window) return true.
> I don't see a way to readily resolve this issue in Ripple. We can fix it in Cordova by
changing the test to:

>   if (window.cordova) ...
>
> Couple of questions:
> 1. Any reason not to make this change?
> 2. To get this fix out will require re-releasing all platforms, correct? And I presume
a tools release to update the pinned platforms? Is this sufficient reason to trigger such
a release?