cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Barham <Tim.Bar...@microsoft.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] cordova-serve
Date Thu, 28 May 2015 16:00:00 GMT
A while back we duplicated a bunch of 'cordova serve' code in cordova-browser so that 'cordova
run browser' launched from a server rather than the local file system. At the time, the desire
was expressed that ultimately we should avoid the duplicated code and have a separate 'cordova-serve'
module. Since this module would also be useful for the plugin simulation stuff I've been working
on, I've been taking a look at it recently.

I have an initial implementation [1], and also updates to cordova-browser [2] and cordova-lib
[3] that would make use of it.

I have two questions:

1. Do we agree this is the right thing to do (cost of maintaining an additional Cordova module
versus the benefit)? It's certainly something *I'd* like to have (for the plugin simulation
stuff if nothing else :) ).
2. If the answer to question 1 is yes, how do I go about setting it up?

[1] https://github.com/TimBarham/cordova-serve
[2] https://github.com/MSOpenTech/cordova-lib/compare/bddcc8f2d709a55df2d91c14def61212843a14e8...tb-cordova-serve
[3] https://github.com/MSOpenTech/cordova-browser/compare/42bd8f1985041ba26b33408372b218218f7c6183...tb-cordova-serve

Thanks!