cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Barham <Tim.Bar...@microsoft.com>
Subject Cordova 5.0.0 "duplicate cordova" check breaks Ripple
Date Fri, 01 May 2015 02:06:18 GMT
​Hey everyone - a bug was filed today against Ripple that it is broken with Cordova 5.0.0.
The issue is that Ripple triggers the new "duplicate cordova" check:

    cordova-js/src/cordova.js line 22:
    if ("cordova" in window) { throw new Error("cordova already defined"); };

Ripple patches cordova by defining a setter for window.cordova to intercept it being created.
This is sufficient to make ("cordova" in window) return true.
I don't see a way to readily resolve this issue in Ripple. We can fix it in Cordova by changing
the test to:

    if (window.cordova) ...

Couple of questions:
1. Any reason not to make this change?
2. To get this fix out will require re-releasing all platforms, correct? And I presume a tools
release to update the pinned platforms? Is this sufficient reason to trigger such a release?

Thanks!

Tim