cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Kerri Shotts <kerrisho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Does Cordova have a problem making developers happy?
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2015 03:56:52 GMT
I had similar ideas about writing some FAQs or posts. Great minds clearly think alike, right?
;-) (I’m joking. I know my mind… so not great… Wait… that might actually be an insult
to everyone else. The only way to win is not to play! Aaaaaaaaaah! Clearly I need to go to
bed. I’ve been staring at my latest book’s chapter for way too long.)

In fact, I’ve toyed with the idea of doing some screencasts using Cordova and the various
tools I use with it (like gulp, browserify, and babeljs), and these could make some excellent
topics as well. Especially debugging, because it’s not always enough just to say “here’s
where you go to start debugging remotely”. Debugging is a skill (an art, really), so I could
see a lot from that topic alone, but geared more directly at typical debugging issues one
finds in Cordova dev. Hmm. Where to find the hours in the day? Or a clone… I could really
use a clone…

From: Raymond Camden <raymondcamden@gmail.com>
Reply: dev@cordova.apache.org <dev@cordova.apache.org>>
Date: April 13, 2015 at 8:18:39 PM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org <dev@cordova.apache.org>>
Subject:  Re: Does Cordova have a problem making developers happy?

Like Tommy, I may steal some of these for blog posts -

"People is having troubles connecting with the server, some of them
> because use localhost as the url, others because they don't configure the
> whitelist properly, others for unknow reasons"

As for the debug one, I ask, "Do you know how to remote debug?" about
5-10 times a week now. Sadly, now that it is so DARN easy to debug,
folks just don't seem to know they CAN do it.

On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 6:49 PM, tommy-carlos williams
<tommy@devgeeks.org> wrote:
> If no one else has time to do something with this list by the time I get free of my current
stress-pile (say a couple weeks from now), I would love to take a crack at it. An FAQ with
not just the list, but actual solutions and examples would be a great resource.

> Even if someone else does it, I might use it as the basis for a series of blog posts
or something. It’s such a good summary of people’s frustrations. I would probably even
have one or two to add from the #phonegap IRC channel.. :/