cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Murat Sutunc <mura...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Scoped package names for npm?
Date Mon, 20 Apr 2015 21:28:22 GMT
From what I read so far, scopes are like namespaces for npm modules. So each npm user has their
own scope. In our case we'll have one cordova user who will have modules like:
..
@cordova/platform-ios
@cordova/plugin-camera
..

Unless you're the user cordova (or a collaborator), you can't publish new modules. In this
case all our modules will be under cordova and 3rd party modules have to be under some other
namespace (if they choose to use any).

-----Original Message-----
From: Parashuram N (MS OPEN TECH) [mailto:panarasi@microsoft.com]
Sent: Monday, April 20, 2015 2:13 PM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: RE: Scoped package names for npm?

Scopes are like namespaces. In the reverse domain name world, org.apache.cordova was considered
a namespace, right ?

We did not want non core packages to publish to that namespace, so does the same argument
apply ?

Alternatively, we can think of scope as packages that apply to a particular environment -
for example, all cordova packages would be @cordova scope.