cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Horn, Julian C" <julian.c.h...@intel.com>
Subject RE: Scoped package names for npm?
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2015 13:45:08 GMT
I am also against another rename.  These name changes are very costly and disruptive.

There is code in several places that assumes that you can enumerate the
plugins selected by a project by enumerating the subdirectories of plugins.
If you allow a plugin root folder to be more than a single directory,
like "@cordova/plugin-device" then you break that code.

Also, please remember that when you rename a plugins, you require people
to update every <dependency> tag that refers to that plugin, unless you
want to rely on the rename machinery forever.

    Julian

-----Original Message-----
From: Steven Gill [mailto:stevengill97@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, April 20, 2015 9:42 PM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: Re: Scoped package names for npm?

I also like scoped packages but am against another rename. Haha.

I know organizations are coming soon so we will be able to create the Cordova organization
and I believe scope packages that way. Add PMC members to the organization to be able to publish
instead of relying on a Cordova npm user account.