cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Toplak Daniel <D.Top...@cadenas.de>
Subject AW: Does Cordova have a problem making developers happy?
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2015 16:08:30 GMT
Absolutely right :-)

Cordova is too easy in some situations and most of the developers using cordova (not the cordova
developers itself) are knowing nothing about the plugin system under the hood, or anything
about the JS->Native->JS bridge.
They even don't know anything about the asynchronos communitcation with plugins.

In most situations this is absolutely ok, but if anything special is needed or something goes
wrong, then they have a problem.

The other thing is that there are some JS frameworks/libs which are not the best for mobile
devices. No I don't name anyone of that :-)

My point of view is, that they don't see the real power of the cordova framework and create
sloppy/buggy UI's.

Daniel Toplak

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Joe Bowser [mailto:bowserj@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 8. April 2015 17:56
An: dev@cordova.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Does Cordova have a problem making developers happy?

Cordova is the most hated form of Mobile Development, because everyone can create a Cordova
app, and the quality of most Cordova applications is absolutely terrible.  If you're inheriting
a Cordova application from another company, you're probably going to end up re-writing it
and if you're an iOS or Android shop, re-implementing it natively because that's what you're
more comfortable with.

And I'm perfectly OK with that.

Wordpress and LAMP stacks aren't going away any time soon, and both those technologies share
the same property that anyone can create a shitty website.  We've been called the Drupal of
development for a reason, and at the time we were called that, I took it as an insult because
I think Drupal is shitty (I once inherited a bad Drupal project).  I don't think we should
care what developers say in a survey, since most developers are terrible anyway.  We should
just make sure that what we're releasing isn't terrible.