cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Gill <stevengil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: moving plugins to npm
Date Thu, 16 Apr 2015 20:51:21 GMT
On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 1:36 PM, Don Coleman <don.coleman@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm little nervous about changing the ids for my plugins for npm.
>
> I like the cordova-plugin-* prefix. I think the consistency is good. Is
> there any concern that the namespace is too small?

I don't think so. I would suggest trying to keep the names short. You don't
have to use cordova-plugin-* prefix. Important part is adding
"ecosystem:cordova" keyword

> Will newer versions of plugman automatically install the right plugin based
> on the id mapping or does it just issue a warning?

Warning for now. We may do the auto map and install in the future though.

> During the transition do I publish new versions of plugins to both
> cordova.io and npm?

Up to you. plugins.cordova.io will be switched to read-only in about 3
months (July 15).