cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Gill <>
Subject [Discuss] Plugins release
Date Fri, 10 Apr 2015 00:15:39 GMT
I'd like to start a plugins release soon.

This will be an interesting one. I will be updating the plugins release
process as I go through this release.

Few things to note:
- All of our core plugins will have a major version jump.
- All of them have had their IDs changed to match package-name
(org.apache.cordova.device => cordova-plugin-device)
- I have an old-ID Branch for all of our core plugins that merges master
but reverts the commits where I changed the IDs. This is going to be
necessary to keep publishing to CPR. CPR requires a reverse domain name
- Dependency tags have been updated to use new ids. On old-ID branch, this
commit has been reverted. Having new IDs in dependencies for CPR published
plugins would make installing plugins with older CLI versions impossible.
- Dependencies on master will be bumped to match new major version
(cordova-plugin-file-transfer will have a dependency on
cordova-plugin-file@2 now).

- Do we want to keep the old-ID versions the same as the new ID versions
numbers? For example, battery-status is currently at 0.2.13-dev and will be
changed to 1.0.0-dev. The reasoning for the version bump was the ID change.
The old-ID branch doesn't have the ID change. I'm leaning towards them not
getting the version bump. Thoughts?
- Should we have a separate vote for old-ID branch being released? The code
is different than what we will be publishing to npm.

Plugins that have dependencies (All depend on file plugin)
- Camera (text/plugin.xml)
- File Transfer
- media
- media-capture

Blog post to follow shortly. Will include info on migrating plugins to npm
for community plugins + timeline of CPR/NPM move

Phase 1 issue: