cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Clelland <iclell...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: [Vote] 4.0.0 Android Release
Date Thu, 09 Apr 2015 17:35:09 GMT
On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 1:26 PM, Treggiari, Leo <leo.treggiari@intel.com>
wrote:

> Do the whitelist changes mean that current access origin entries in a
> config.xml file will be ignored the next time that a developer builds
> their project?  If so, that will certainly surprise some developers.

Yes, but it only surprises developers who:
  - Blindly update just their cordova-android platform to a new major
release, and
  - Don't read any of the docs or release notes.

The solution for them is simple, and loudly spelled out in the docs (or it
should be) -- install the legacy whitelist plugin. It treats the config
tags exactly as previous versions of Cordova did.

> Or does this just impact newly created projects?

Newly-created projects actually shouldn't see this -- by default, the
hello-world starter template includes the new whitelist plugin.

 Ian