cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse <>
Subject Re: Scoped package names for npm?
Date Mon, 20 Apr 2015 21:29:28 GMT
re: the scoped package id, I like it, but not sure we want to change them
again ... and how much of our existing world will it break. Can we install
an '@' id currently on all platforms? It will result in a
www/plugins/@cordova/plugin-device/ folder right now, won't it?

re: other questions
Personally, I would rather see only committers able to publish to our scope
(assuming we go that way), just like we wanted to prevent non committers
from using org.apache.cordova namespace.

I considered 'cordova plugin add device' awhile back, I was going to do it
directly in plugman, but I decided against it. Currently it would mean a
3rd attempt to find the plugin over http; 1) cpr, 2) npm, 3)munge name and
By this time, I think I would just ask the user what they really want.
We could also do this via cordova-registry-mapper aliases.