cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Raymond Camden <raymondcam...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cookie support in docs.
Date Wed, 22 Apr 2015 17:21:07 GMT
So we don't have a FAQ yet. Is it time to start it? Here is my stab:

Do cookies work in Cordova apps?

There are two ways in which you may want to use cookies. The first is
within XHR (Ajax) requests to remote resources. Unless you
specifically remove them, your Ajax library will automatically use
cookies in subsequent calls to remote APIs and resources you request.
So given that some API returns a cookie required for future calls, you
can assume it will be automatically sent when your app hits it again.

The other way your app may desire to use cookies is locally - ie
within the app itself. This does not make sense within a Cordova app
as it isn't running on a proper web server itself. If your intent is
simply to store data for the app then you should make use the various
existing methods (link to
http://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/4.0.0/cordova_storage_storage.md.html#Storage)
to store data locally.