cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Frederico Galvão <frederico.gal...@pontoget.com.br>
Subject Re: Does Cordova have a problem making developers happy?
Date Wed, 22 Apr 2015 14:11:27 GMT
As someone who has given a couple of local speechs and presentations about
Cordova, I could say with some certainty that most of the time what makes
Cordova a not-so-well known tool is the misconception about what it's aimed
at doing, and incoherent expectations towards what it CAN do for the
developer.

Other than that, and all the small things that have been already mentioned
previously by everyone, I'd say that web development (the one out there,
not the one defined by ES{6,7,8} or future dream
tools/standards/frameworks) in general is still not ready to what is needed
for mobile development to be taken seriously and be able to build complex
applications successfully. Very few development teams have enough awareness
of how much more is needed on a well built application other than jQuery
and 256 plugins.

In the end, everything sums up to how well defined expectations are. And
I'm sure Cordova, along with its website and documentation, can be a lot
better at guiding developers to better expectations towards everything that
can be expected from cordova, and what can't.

I'm interested in contributing to this in whatever small way I can.