cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <mmo...@google.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Github issue tracking?
Date Fri, 10 Apr 2015 14:38:50 GMT
Theres been some heated conversation recently about Apache rules and Github
interactions, yet it seems like we can get what we want after only a simple
ask!

If we chose to, we can move to github issue tracking, at the risk of making
migrations to another product more difficult down the road.  We would also
potentially lose the ASF JIRA integrations (though I think the equivalents
are already well supported directly by Github).

So, what do you think?

I don't think there is a clear-cut answer.  Github issues are well
understood by many users in our community, but are not nearly as featureful
as JIRA.  I think its a tradeoff, which may be better for external users
but worse for us.  I'm concerned about using GH issues for release tracking
type work, and unsure if we should wholly switch or just use both.

-Michal