cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Discussions on vote threads
Date Thu, 09 Apr 2015 19:50:32 GMT
Have become very common for us. Probably because the release VOTE is the
thing that actually gets people motivated to take a good look.

Thought it'd be good for us to discuss this practice.

My thoughts:
- I think it still makes sense to DISCUSS before starting a release
- I think it's perfectly reasonable to go through several RCs as things
come up during testing (RCs are easy)
- I think it helps to have the blog post ready before a vote (I made this
change to the platforms release process this time around)
- I don't have any problem with VOTE threads that are full of discussion.
What's the concern?