cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Nikhil Khandelwal <nikhi...@microsoft.com>
Subject Jira CB-831: File transfer tests crash on Android L
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2015 00:26:53 GMT
The JIRA which was marked as 'Won't fix' is currently blocking Android test runs on http://ci.cordova.io:
 https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-8431.

It looks like Android L's implementation of OkHttp has a race condition which hits quite consistently
with our current file transfer tests. There is a comment by Andrew in the bug that points
to using this plugin on Android L: https://github.com/MobileChromeApps/cordova-plugin-okhttp.

Should this plugin be a dependency to the file transfer plugin? Or the code for it be rolled
in as part of file transfer plugin itself?

For the short term I'm leaning towards working around this issue, by using an older AVD (instead
of Android L) on our CI setup. However, there is a chance developers running Cordova apps
on Android L will run into this and would expect some guidance here.

Thanks,
Nikhil