cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Treggiari, Leo" <leo.treggi...@intel.com>
Subject RE: [Discuss] Plugins release
Date Fri, 10 Apr 2015 16:52:01 GMT
> - Do we want to keep the old-ID versions the same as the new ID versions
> numbers? For example, battery-status is currently at 0.2.13-dev and will be
> changed to 1.0.0-dev. The reasoning for the version bump was the ID change.
> The old-ID branch doesn't have the ID change. I'm leaning towards them not
> getting the version bump. Thoughts?

I think the mapper behavior and how it will evolve over the releases until CPR
is gone should factor into the decision.  Also, which way will be less confusing
to users.

So, either:
-  org.apache.cordova.battery-status@0.2.13 === cordova-plugin-battery-status@1.0.0
   There will never be a cordova-plugin-battery-status@1.0.0 and that would never work
   in any version of the CLI?   This is likely to cause some confusion.
-  org.apache.cordova.battery-status@0.2.13 === org.apache.cordova.battery-status@1.0.0
   and both are === cordova-plugin-battery-status@1.0.0
   Still, some confusion, but maybe more 'uneducated' usages 'just work'?

Leo