cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Polivy <>
Subject Latest --browserify status?
Date Fri, 03 Apr 2015 20:44:18 GMT
Hi folks,

Is there a single issue or location for tracking the latest status on the -browserify functionality
in cordova? I've got cordova 4.3.0 installed and have been playing with this a bit, as it's
a feature I'd very much like to use for our app! But, I have a few questions on how it's working,
and couldn't find any official documentation on the current status and what should work/what
doesn't. I'm not intimately familiar with the cordova code, but I'm happy to contribute back
anything I can do to help make this work better.

Here's what I'm currently running into:

1)      When I run 'cordova prepare -browserify', all I see is the original plugin JS files
(in /plugins/<name>/www/) end up with the following appended to them (note, each time
you prepare, it continues to append another iteration):

window.navigator = window.navigator || {}; = || {};

require('cordova/builder').assignOrWrapInDeprecateGetter(window.navigator, 'camera', module.exports);

It's usually duplicated in there 2-3 additional times after each run of prepare. Is that expected?

2)      cordova.define() doesn't seem to be defined in the browserify model. Is this a legacy
plugin definition approach? I couldn't find any documentation about it, but I don't see it
being used in any of the current Apache plugins. I'm running into it with the barcodescanner
plugin (;
commenting it out seems to work fine. Does this need to be translated in the browserify code?

3)      Minor: the plugin www directories still exist in the output www folder, even though
the JS isn't in there (since it is bundled into cordova.js).

I'm not on the mailing list, so please include me directly in any replies.