cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse MacFadyen <purplecabb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Github issue tracking?
Date Fri, 10 Apr 2015 16:42:24 GMT
I think JIRA is fine. It is central, where our repos are scattered. A release task for example
would touch many repos.
The only barrier I see with JIRA is account creation. If we were more responsive to incoming
tickets we might see more community involvement. Andrew has probably been the best at this. It
might be worthwhile having a WaitingForCordova issue state when tickets come in to make sure
someone looks at every one early.
The wiki should just be part of docs, no extra account, or permissions, just modify and send
a pull request like anything else.
It might also be worthwhile to get some more github team permissions. Being able to control
some of our integration might be helpful, and we could do more ci ourselves.

On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 7:54 AM -0700, "Michal Mocny" <mmocny@google.com> wrote:

Tony Homer brings up in another thread that:

1. Cordova JIRA is a good JIRA
2. Wiki is terrible, and we should move to Github wiki asap.

I agree with both points, but emphasize that replacing JIRA is less about
what's best for us committers and more about what's best for community.
Github issues unquestionably have more active and open dialog with end
users, because its just so easy for most people to use.  For committers, I
expect the migration will be a (1 time) pain in the butt.

The wiki change I'm all for, and may be a good experiment before attempting
to move over issue tracker.

-Michal