cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Lisa Seacat DeLuca <ldel...@us.ibm.com>
Subject SDK research - possible plugman reuse
Date Mon, 23 Mar 2015 15:14:15 GMT

I'm doing some research on mobile SDK management for a project at work and
I think we could mirror the approach that Cordova did for plugins.  I
haven't really dug into the plugman and plugin management code before
(other than some basic skimming to understand what is going on) but
basically what we'd like to do is allow for a plugin type architecture
regardless of the use of Cordova (so for native apps).  If I keep the
cordova plugin structure with plugin.xml and package.json then if we wanted
to expand and eventually turn native sdks into cordova plugins it would be
trivial.

So my question is, does this feel like a completely new coding exercise or
does anyone see a good way to reuse some of the plugin work that has been
done for Cordova.  Basically I'll be moving files and updating manifest and
plist files just like we do for Cordova without the requirement of having
cordova installed or having the project be Cordova based.

Thoughts appreciated!

Lisa

ldeluca@apache.org, lisaseacat.com, @LisaSeacat