cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Homer, Tony" <>
Subject Re: Plugins to NPM (Phase 1)
Date Tue, 24 Mar 2015 19:45:29 GMT
I¹ll try to answer some of Leo¹s questions, but it would be great if
someone else (Steve?) could comment.

First, though, I¹ll ask a question of my own.
Is there a doc or JIRA task for tracking all of the activity related to
moving plugins to NPM?
There was the Google Doc that was created last hangout for tracking
the proposal, but it doesn¹t list JIRAs and hasn¹t been updated since
I found CB-8529, CB-8538 and CB-8551 but they are not linked to a master
task JIRA.
This is not a jab at Steve at all, I¹m just wondering if there is or
should be a reference for this set of tasks (other than staying caught up
with reading the list)?

On to Leo¹s questions-

Will the release be named Cordova 5.0?
Unknown at this time?  It seems like this will require a co-ordinated
release of CLI, Tools and
Plugins, with major version bumps for all.

Will it trigger a major revision bump?

What is the current estimate for the release?

I would say ³when it¹s done² but it would be great to get a more specific
I¹m not sure if that¹s possible?

If release of Phase 1 occurs on April 1 does this mean that the CPR
becomes read-only on July 1 and is
deleted on Oct 1?
I think the real driver was that there is an external hosting issue with
CPR after Oct. 1.
The 3 month period was adopted so provide a transition window, but there
is a hard stop on or around Oct. 1.
Steve had mentioned this somewhere but I can¹t find it now.

-  On Oct 1, all previous releases of Cordova CLI (< 5.0) will immediately
be "broken"?

Yes, that is my understanding, although in reading back over the
discussion I don¹t see where it is explicitly addressed.
I was assuming that this is intended in part as a forcing function.

View raw message