cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Staci Cooper <staci....@gmail.com>
Subject 'windows8' vs 'windows' confusion in the plugins
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2015 19:49:57 GMT
Why does the device plugin have both a src/windows and a src/windows8
folder? Under what circumstances does the src/windows8 get used? My
understanding is that 'windows8' was soft deprecated and as of 3.6 just
maps to 'windows'. I know that if you run 'cordova platform add windows8',
it will still use the src/windows folder when you add the device plugin.

I looked through the other plugins to see what they were doing, but they
are very inconsistent:

Some (like device-orientation, dialogs, and media) only have a src/windows8
folder and don't even have a <platform name="windows"> in plugin.xml
Some (like statusbar) only have a src/windows folder and don't even have a
<platform name="windows8"> in plugin.xml
Some (like device-motion, file, and file-transfer) only have a src/windows
folder, and both "windows" and "windows8" in plugin.xml point to that folder
Some (like contacts and device) have src/windows8 and src/windows folders,
used by windows8 and windows respectively in plugin.xml
Inappbrowser has a src/windows and a www/windows8, used by windows and
windows8 respectively

Can anyone explain what's going on here?