cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <>
Subject Re: Deprecation of Config and the embedded use case (4.0.x related)
Date Fri, 06 Mar 2015 23:50:58 GMT
The issue is that it's a public API that is used by anyone who is looking
to embed a webview.  This can be found in the test that you re-wrote.
Right now, there's no way for people who want to embed a CordovaWebView in
their app to do so without the Config class.  Having a public API marked as
deprecated without a solid alternative is a really bad idea, and we should
figure out how we want users to be able to embed Cordova in their existing
Android applications.

That has nothing to do with InAppBrowser, this is to do with embedding a
WebView inside an Android application. I don't think you understand what I
mean when I say the embedded use case.