cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Nell Gawor <nga...@gmail.com>
Subject gradleReference feature and gradle build
Date Mon, 23 Mar 2015 16:47:01 GMT
I had been looking at using gradleReference for my plugin to contribute a
dependency to the gradle build.  I had some trouble figuring out how to get
it to work because I kept looking for the section of the build.gradle file
labeled "// PLUGIN GRADLE EXTENSIONS START" to be modified.

Finally I figured out there was an additional commit that changed the
gradleReference to use project.properties instead.  However I'm wondering
if this way of doing things makes it harder to have the plugin's
contributions respected by Android studio?  If added to the standard
build.gradle file, the extra dependencies would be recognized by Android
studio when doing the gradle build.  But since project.properties is (as
far as I know) only used by Cordova build, Android studio doesn't know
anything about the plugin's contributions nor would a standard gradle build.

I'm a newbie to Cordova, so there's probably a lot I'm missing here.  Any
suggestions for getting gradleReference to work well w/Android
Studio/standard gradle build?