cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Gill <stevengil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Some thoughts/questions on the new --save feature
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2015 18:55:33 GMT
On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 8:10 AM, Raymond Camden <raymondcamden@gmail.com>
wrote:

> 1) I can see the logic there, but it seems like folks would want to
> save so much, overwhelmingly so, that it makes sense to not follow the
> expectation here? Also, would our "typical" user be more familiar with
> Node and be confused by this?

I think it is best to stick to established best practices. I was on team
autosave in the beginning but switched over.

All of us should take a bigger role in educating our "typical" user on how
to use npm and node. We provide Cordova so developers can make apps easily,
but need to do a better job of helping developers improve their skills.
Once we switch to package.json and improve our JSAPI, Cordova projects will
be node projects. Our users will have to learn some node. I think we should
take the opportunity to educate our users about node/npm and not just
Cordova!

2) I know about the link too, my issue is more about what I (I being