cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Gill <stevengil...@gmail.com>
Subject Plugin Post Install Script
Date Tue, 10 Mar 2015 00:36:08 GMT
I think it is worth exploring a generic post install script plugin authors
could include that would install the plugin into a cordova project after a
npm install. I haven't had any time to actually explore this yet though.

My initial reaction was that it would be hard to get right. After some
thought and discussion with the npm people & Anis, it might be a really
nice way of doing it.

It would be pretty sweet if people could just go `npm i
cordova-plugin-device` and have it install the plugin into their cordova
projects.

The script would have to:
* detect if it is a cordova project and what version
* do everything plugin install does now

Just wanted to collect some feedback, advice, and concerns people have
before I attempt to build it.