cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Clelland <iclell...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: crosswalk engine plugin for Cordova Android 4.0.0 release
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2015 12:56:57 GMT
Once we publish this to npm (or the Cordova plugin registry) it will be
much smaller; just containing the code that is absolutely required for the
current version.

I think that the only reasonable way to make the git repo itself smaller
would be to move it to a new location (new name or new organization).

We (Google's team) have used cordova-crosswalk-engine as a git submodule
dependency for some time, in our mobile-chrome-apps repo, and I don't think
we can just rewrite all of the old commits without also breaking all of our
historical dependencies as well. (Filtering the repo like this will rewrite
a large number of commits, which will certainly change their hashes,
unfortunately).

I'll do a bit more investigation today, but I think that the best solution,
for almost all users, is to publish just the current source as a real
cordova plugin, and not worry too much about the size of the git repo, as
it only affects people who are actively developing on it. (And the size is
no longer growing at that rate, so it is really only a one-time checkout
cost)

Ian