cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse <purplecabb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Plugin Post Install Script
Date Tue, 10 Mar 2015 01:20:41 GMT
What does `npm i -g cordova-plugin-device` do? Just because things are
similar does not mean you should force them to be the same. I don't really
see a benefit in doing this though, and I think we are going to end up with
circular unresolvable dependencies. or at least greatly increased
complexity in dependency resolution.

Having 2 ways to do things just makes it harder for us ....

Thinking outloud ... isn't the post install really just something like:

../../cordova plugin add npm_modules/cordova-plugin-device/
That assumes no dependency resolution ... which would make it explode.

Overall, I don't think the feature is worth the complexity it would add,
and I don't even think it makes things easier for users.
What is the benefit of typing 'npm i cordova-plugin-device' vs 'cordova
plugin add cordova-plugin-device' ? Character count?

@purplecabbage
risingj.com