cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse <purplecabb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Camera: When was Crop added and why?
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2015 21:15:54 GMT
To be correct, it is not disabled anywhere, it was previously implemented
for iOS only.
The iOS native camera/capture view has an additional boolean property to
allow the user to crop+pan a photo in place before returning to the app.
This was exposed in the cordova camera api on iOS only. In like 2011.

More recently ( last year [1] ) the same feature landed in Android,
however, it is not exactly the same thing.
On Android, there is no guarantee that the Crop-Intent exists, in which
case it doesn't matter if the cordova-camera getPicture method was called
with allowEdit or not.  Also, on some devices, there are multiple apps
providing a Crop-Intent, so the user will have to choose one.

There are tests for it, but of course, they are manual ...
Should we update the docs and claim Android support for it, or does it have
usability/implementation issues that make us not want it?

[1] https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-camera/pull/12

@purplecabbage
risingj.com